Sunday 7 April 2013

Lush Skin Care Product Reviews


Hi lovelies!
For my first post I decided to do it on something I love, as you will know if you follow my instagram (@emilydelevingne) and that indeed it the store 'Lush'. My obsession with Lush started about a year ago when I bought my first ever lip scrub, and has only grown. My boyfriend jokes that I'm a lush addict hehe! Anyway, here are a list the products I am going to review in this post:
Image
The first time I bought 'Catastrophe Cosmetic' face mask was by chance. I had gone in originally to buy 'Mask of Magnaminty' but it was out of stock in my local store. The shop assistant suggested I tried this product and wow, I was not disappointed. At first, I was weary that £5.95 was a bit expensive for a 75g face mask, and thought it was come to be a regretful purchase, however I have used the product nearly five times now, and there is still plenty left in! I was surprised that from the first use, the mask did wonders for my skin. Not only did it reduce redness, it also made my skin feel more moisturised - in fact I am pleased to say I haven't felt the need to use moisturiser since the second application. The product also worked wonders for my skin in terms of blemishes and spots. A lot of smaller pimples have disappeared, and has reduced the size of all my larger spots to now almost nothing. Another positive is that the product smells devine - blueberries! The only two downsides is for one, that you have to keep the product in the fridge and I often forget making the mask become watery, and two the product is crumbly to apply and I end up getting half of it on the floor! Oops! Other than this, I would definitely buy the product again and recommend it.
Star Rating out of Five: ☆☆☆☆

 Image

The 100g 'Ocean Salt' was given to me free from my local store as a sample (definitely worth asking if you can get one, however don't be rude and make sure you ARE actually buying first.. don't expect something if you are not making a purchase, and don't ask in the same store every time) as I asked what my boyfriend could try for his spot-prone face. He was scared about trying it at first thinking he would be seen as 'girly' so I did the honours. If I am entirely honest I think the smell of 'Ocean Salt' is a little too overwhelming and not pleasant in the slightest, then again, it does smell fresh and manages to wake me up in a morning - but in my opinion it just reminds me too much of cleaning products. That aside, I do find that the product worked wonders for me - and after some convincing, for my boyfriend too. It didn't leave our skin feeling dry, in fact it left both our faces as "smooth as babies bums"! I'm not really sure if I can see myself parting with £6.95 for such a small pot soon though.
Star Rating out of Five: ☆☆☆
Image
Last, but most certainly not least, I introduce you to the most perfect, godly product on the planet. Yes - it's 'Rub Rub Rub'! I really cannot begin to explain my love for this product, all I can say is go now to your local Lush store and buy it for a marvellous £7.95 . Buy it for your best friend, your mother, your father, your girlfriend, your boyfriend, your sister, your grandmother, anyone you can think of just buy it for them and they will love you forever and ever. The product is really that perfect. It is easy to use, smells delicious (and leaves a scent!) and does exactly what it says it is supposed to do. Hello smooth skin, goodbye flaws. After only a few uses, my skin is miles and miles better (I can't begin to explain how bad at least I think it is). I suffer bad acne on my back, and my back also has a lot of scars from a few years ago, however with the help of 'Rub Rub Rub' (and Bio-Oil may I add!) the acne has improved 1000% and the scars are finally beginning to fade.
Star Rating out of Five: ☆☆☆☆☆



No comments:

Post a Comment